Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Luxaire

Question
Hi Jim -

I am trying to get a new HVAC system and all the contractors providing me with estimates bash each other..I liked the person who provided me with the LUXAIRE quote.

1) Just wanted to know if this brand is good.
2) Can you install a 95% efficient furnace in attic ? I am being told its illegal
3) Is it mandatory to run a gas pipeline to attic from inside of the house. Sounds weird that you can't run it from outside.

Thanks in advance.
Nathan

Answer
Nathan,
I don't know what the rules and regulations are for your area?
All building regs are not the same, you need to call your building department for the area you live in and ask about the codes.
LUXAIRE is as good as any furnace brand inc the big names.
If it freezes in your attic a 95% nbot a good idea becuse of water condensation with high efficency furn.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim Barnhart