Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/matthew

Question
when I turn my air condition on it will run and cool just like it is suppose to , then after it runs for a while it kicks my emergency heat on , but the thermostat is still on air condition, if there is any way you can help , please email me and let me know , thanks and god bless

Answer
Matthew,

If this is a Heat Pump, you may just have a bad thermostat. If your handy with a meter you would need to see if you have 24 volt ac power feeding the heat sequencer relay ,if you have 24 volt while in cool mode you would need to backtrack to,see why, try disconnecting the E or W 2 wire at the thermostat ,to see if electric heaters drop out while in cool mode.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Joe