Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/A/C inop with roll out switch code

Question
QUESTION: Hello,

The a/c stopped working the contactor was only getting 18vac and wouldn't close; but could be closed manually and the unit worked fine.
Control board indicated a roll out switch failure.  Neither roll out switch could be reset manually. Also the inducer motor runs continuously.

My question:  Can the failure of the roll out switch prevent the a/c unit from working properly i.e. not receiving 24vac to the contactor

Thank you in advance for your expertise.

ANSWER: DON,
I DON'T KNOW WHAT ALL YOUR SETUP CONSISTS OF?

QUESTION: The furnace is a York GY8S060A12UH11B; the A/C is a 1.5T Payne.

My main question is does the roll put switch have anything to do with the a/c operation?

Answer
Don,
OK just trying to find out if you had a split unit.
The furnace supples the 24 volt power to the contactor by way of the thermostat.
There can be more then one roll out switch in/on your furnace that can shut off because something is not right.
The outside condensing unit works/runs when the contactor gets 24 volt power which turns the unit on.
You need to check the 24 volt circuit from the contactor back to the 24 volt transformer to see where the problem is.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim Barnhart