Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/carrier heat pump hot pipe outside

QUESTION: bonjour, my central heat pump is not giving cool air after 3 hours, the copper pipe outside is hot hot, no frost. they changed everything fan,compressor,2 way vavle, last hope, thank you

ANSWER: Hello Ghislain, If you are taking about the larger pipe that is hot, then the reversing is not working. If you have a voltmeter I can help you test it. We will need the model# of the heat pump.

Let me know.

QUESTION: heat pump serial # 2489E26469
model # 38SQ124300

From the serial #, I think the unit is 25 years old. I couldn't find any wiring diagrams on the net. There is a easy test we can do. Turn power off to the furnace. Remove the stat and expose the wires. Remove the R wire, G wire and Y wire and twist them together. Turn power back on. Let me know what happens.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.

I can answer questions on gas or electric furnaces, ac units and heat pumps. I don't work on boilers,chillers,or home appliances.

I have been in the HVAC trade for over 35 years. For the past 15 years I have owned my own business. I am semi-retired so I can answer questions in a timely manner.

I attended trade school for 5 years on weekends and evenings. This was very hard to do, but well worth it!