Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/GE Monogram Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Fresh Food Compartment Too Warm

Question
QUESTION: We have a GE Monogram built in refrigerator with bottom freezer. The model number is ZICS360NMARH. The freezer compartment is working fine, and stays at 0 degrees or below. The fresh food compartment is too warm though, and won't go below 48 degrees, no matter how low I set the controls at. I have checked cold air in and warn air return vents and they are not blocked by frost. The cold air damper operates correctly. The evaporator fan spins whenever the door is closed. When testing the thermistors in diagnostic mode, one of the 5 thermistors returned a "Fail" code, and that's thermistor number 3. However, I don't know where number 3 is located. I think number 1 and 2 are in the fresh food compartment, number 4 is on the evaporator, and number 5 is in the freezer compartment. But where is number 3? How do I test it to confirm it is bad? And how to replace it?

Thanks very much for your help!

ANSWER: According to the look-up, there are only four sensors.  Part number is WR55X10025 and cost is 8.95 each through us if interested.  I would replace all of them since these are the most likely suspect.  Good Luck in your decision.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: The service manual says number 3 thermistor is for "custom cool". What is this? The other 4 thermistors are described as in obvious locations, but "custom cool" does not indicate a location. Is it the temperature control board? I have a feeling that replacing the other 4 thermistors will not make the "Fail" error go away at number 3.

Thanks for the help.

ANSWER: Sorry....I go out all day and repair appliances in customers homes.  Have really been busy....I have not had must time to do further research on this one.  Would you like me to continue or do you have a solution to this problem?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

QUESTION: I have not been able to fine out what "custom cool" is. Also the circuit board diagram shows a "QuickChill thermistor", in addition to the other 4. What is QuickChill thermistor, and where is it? May be it is the same one as the "Custom Cool".

Answer
I took a close look at your unit and I think for now, you need to shy away from the thermisters.  Bottom line is the cold in your unit is made in the freezer section.  It is blown up into the refrigerator and the amount of air into the refrigerator section is controlled by the damper assembly.  You said it is working.  So if that is the case....fans are running, damper is working, why isn't the refrigerator cold?  Even if one of the thermistors were defective, if the damper door is open and the fans are running, the refrigerator should be cold simply because cold air is being blown into the refrigerator.  How do you know the refrigerator damper is opening and closing?  If the freezer fan is running and the air chute coming from the freezer to the fresh food at the very top of the unit is open, AIR MUST BE BLOWING OUT OF THE DAMPER ASSEMBLY......   Please verity air is blowing out of the damper assembly at the top of the refrigerator section.  Let me know what you find.  

Happy Fathers Day (If applicable)  

Eric

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion