Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Purchasing an AC

Question
I am interested in purchasing a 13- or 14-SEER 4-ton AC.  The contractors I've contacted have recommended either Maytag or Amana, based mainly on their warranties.

I did some searching online and found at least three sites, that discuss a class action lawsuit against Goodman/Amana for selling defective ACs and also not honoring their warranties.

This does not give me any confidence in Amana (or the companies that recommended Amana ACs).  I'm strongly leaning toward the Maytag and the company that recommended it.  Do you have any comments about Maytag vs. Amana?

Thanks,

Ray

Answer
Ray,
I don,t know what the class action suit is all about?
The manufactures warrenty is for the equipment what ever is stated in wrighting.
the labor warrenty is for the labor, what ever is stated in wrighting.
the labor  part is only as good as the installing contractor. If he sells the company or goes bankrupt the next day you have no warrenty.
If you have to replace the equitment it's up to you to return the falty part and pay for the labor of removil, shipping, etc,
every thing diffrent needs to be in wrighting.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim Barnhart