Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/2 ton hvac installation

Question
new shop
new shop  
Joe,
I am going to install a new Goodman 2 ton split system HVAC,that I have already purchased,in a newly built residential work shop in Texas (hot climate) that I built by myself, no subs or helpers. I use the shop for restoring an antique car. Here is the scoop on the building construction
1. 22 x 38 rectangle building, exterior was wrapped in 1/2 OSB, 2 layers of building wrap, with 2 stone VENEER
2. 8' ceilings with concrete floor
3. 7/12 hip roof
4. bottom joist (2x12's) are decked with 5/8 plywood for storage in attic
5. there are no interior walls that subdivide any area with no plans to do such
6. building is  standard IRC constructed with a hip roof
7. 4-3040  windows
8. 1 3068 service door
9. 2 - 7'x8' overhead insulated doors (don't know r factor) with weather stripping
10. 3 ' wall insulation (faced) r13 and 10 ceiling(faced) insulation r30
11. 1/2 sheet rock walls
12. eave vents every 6' and a 16' ridge vent is installed

HVAC EQUIPMENT
2 Ton 13 Seer Goodman Heat Pump System - GSZ130241 ARUF24B14
1. Air handler/coil is placed as horizontal unit  LEFT in the attic with secondary condensation pan
2. all electric system with heat pump
3. Unit is NOT equipped with heat strips nor will it be. I can supplement with space heater if needed. I love the cold but hate the summer heat.
4. Air handler is capable of  1150, 890 or 640 cfm depending on wire tap you use
5. 24000 cooling btu
6. R-401A system
7. Attic is wide open for duct installation
8. Will be using flex duct
9. system is pre-charged for 15' of line

Now for my question/s

I am looking for optimal vent/register sizing and placement for both return and supply air. I have yet to construct the plenums but plan on using start collars and cement to seal all joints, seams, etc. I have replaced several units over the years and am very familiar with the process of evacuating the system, brazing copper, etc.. and electrical is no problem as well. What I have never done is design any of the duct work and really don't want to learn that side of the system. So placing and sizing of duct is what I need to know with system being overly sized as opposed to undersized. Noise from high speed fan and/or air from supply vents is no problem, I just want to stay cool. I will call a good local HVAC person to come and check the system after I finish installation to see if it needs to be tweeked. I prefer the vents to blow hard, no matter the noise, if that helps to assist you in where I should place duct work.

Thank you for any guidance you can give me in the duct work. If any more info is needed I am all to happy to supply it.

Ron

Answer
Ron,

Your better of buying a duct design software online , then you can buy the duct and install. As far as buying online,  Goodman does not warranty their equiptment unless it's installed and started by a  license Contractor, meaning they may have to hook up the line set ,leak test, evac. Etc.  You seem very mechanically inclined ,but you should let a Company do the line set hook up , you certainly can run the line set and wiring and place the outdoor unit . That's my opinion on what to do.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Joe