Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Carrier Air Handler

We have been advised that we need to replace the Air Handler.  Our house was built in 2008.  Repairman told us it is highly unusual that it would go out this quickly.  They added Freon in May and another 2 pounds this week.  Who should I call about this?  Thanks in advance.

It doesn't sound like the air-handler, my guess is that your coil is leaking. Many brands have gone through a picnic
of coil issues. I would first go back to the contractor that sold you that unit and find out if there is a manufacturer's
warranty on the coil......there's a good chance there is if your contractor registered the equipment with Carrier. You can
call Carrier yourself and check warranty status, but you will need
to have model numbers and serial numbers available (on your condenser outside) If not
you'll need to have the coil replaced.

Hope that helps!

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Chuck Best

I can answer most fundamental questions about Air Conditioning and how it works. I can give advice on different services in the DFW area, as well as lend some advice as to pricing systems along with solid opinions as to quality equipment versus sub-standard equipment. I can help educate consumers with regards as to what to look for in a service company, as well as steps they can & should take when considering repairing vs replacing their A/C equipment.

I was the Sr. Sales Technician for one of the most well-established HVAC (residential) companies in DFW for over 5 years. I then became the Dallas Team Leader for another well-established DFW company based out of Ft. Worth. Became the Sales Manager for an area A/C business most recently.

I have written content for several area HVAC (residential) businesses with respect to their Sales Policy manuals. I personally wrote the Sales Training Manual for a well-established DFW area HVAC company.

BS Univ of NM 1985

Million Dollar Sales Club; 2009, 2010, 2010, 2011, 2012