Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Carrier A/C intake box

black foam/insulation
black foam/insulation  

vertical carrier a/c fan coil
vertical carrier a/c f  
Hi Craig,  I have a home use Carrier indoor AC system with the model number is CNPVP3017ATAABAA with the intake under the main fan unit.  I have odor built up in that black foam/ insulation under the fan coil system over time and I would like to replace the black foam/ insulation piece inside the intake box (see attached image).   Is there a specific replacement parts that I can purchase online?  thank you for your help.

The "foam" that is see in the pick actually looks like a type of fiberglass insulation that is placed with stick pins.  It is also referred to as duct liner.  Since I have never actually purchased anything like that on the internet, I am not sure what is out there for sale on the net.  Another option would be to seal up the area with a duct sealant.  There are sealants out there that prevent stuff from growing.  In most cases, once the sealant is dries, it can be wiped cleaned.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.