Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Electric chord replacement to space heater

Question
Hello.  We have an old but very efficient Titan electric space heater that needs a new replacement chord.  It is 1500 watt.  The chord on it now is 18 AWG and it does get a little warm.  What size of AWG would you recommend?  And  Do we need any additional electrical parts to put it on?  Thanks for your time and help!

Answer
Space heater
Space heater  
Hi Jan, Yea 18 awg seems small to me. I would go to 14 awg. If it was me I would go to Home Depot and buy some 14 awg wire (2 conductor with ground). You will need a 3 prong plug and you might need 3 ring connectors.  This would be an easy DIY project.

Hope this helps.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.