Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/SEER Rating

QUESTION: How do I find out a SEER rating for my heating/cooling unit. Lendell B.C./Allstyle Coil Co
model VL24-282T+D-5+DS

ANSWER: Hello Adriane!

You'll need more info: I think you've provided the M/N of the cooling coil, but you'd need the mfgr. and M/N of the associated outdoor unit and furnace M/N (Lendell appears to be a furnace mfgr.). You might check the coil M/N, as AHRI does not show "282T".

Just looking at AHRI, it appears that you do not have a Approved combo, as Lendell is not shown in the Furnace list, nor is the coil M/N. If that's the case, there will be no SEER rating.

PS: FWIW, I've never heard of these brands in my 50+ years in the Industry.

QUESTION: Thanks Fred! So the information from the outside unit is Ruud Model number UPMC-018JAZ. The original information I sent was from inside the filter panel inside the house. Please try again and get back to me. Happy Labor Day weekend!

There are no ratings for that unit at AHRI. I did run across a Ruud UPMC service manual indicating it's a 12 SEER. However, the coil is not a Ruud product, so the rating of your combo is unknown. Again, I never heard of Lendell and Allstyle until yesterday.

That such a combo was cobbled together suggests you'd want to avoid whoever came up with it.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Fred Weldin

I can't help you if your whatsis won't work, people (Especially if it's a refrigerator); I have no experience with appliances, and I haven't been involved with H&AC service and repair since March 08, 1996 (Thank the Lord); I always send a "standard" reply to appliance questions and H&AC "Service and Repair" questions (about 20 a month), so if you want to know why your whatsis isn't working like it used to, ask someone else. A lot of my answers arenít read by the questioners; in that event, I always send reminders to read the answers for a month or more (the word "idiots" comes to mind - actually there's another more appropriate word, but discretion prevents its use here). If you have questions about how big a unit you need, if one room's warmer than the others, if you want an opinion oas to scope of work on bids received, etc. just ask. Do visit www.askweldin.com, there's a lot of good information on sizing, ductwork, efficiency, as well as some techniques accomplished DIY-ers can use to troubleshoot and improve their H&AC. Finally, I want to thank all of the kind, serious people whom I meet here: I enjoy working with you. My wife says I'm "snarky" from time to time; as for you others, please use your imagination as to the responses swirling on the snarky side of my brain when I read your questions.

53 years in the business. See www.askweldin.com

B of ME U of D 1965, numerous classes, seminars and a lot of "Hands On" learning since.