Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/A/C PVC drain lines & TRICHLORO-S-TRIAZINETRIONE

Pool tablets
Pool tablets  
Hello Marcus,

There are some pool tablets that contain TRICHLORO-S-TRIAZINETRIONE (see attachment), and I was wondering if they can be used to prevent A/C drain line clogs. Let's say to break the tablets down to crumbs, and place them where the water draining from the blower would take them down the pipe. Would that work? Would this chemical affect the drain PVC pipes?

Thanks in advance,

I wouldn't recommend using the chlorine tabs for your drain. I do not think the chemical would hurt your pvc drain line - my concern is the re circulation of chlorine vapor into your living space . Also chlorine is a strong oxidizer , it may affect the soft copper and aluminum of your evaporator coil . Hope this helps

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Marcus - ac repair expert

All questions related to residential and commercial air conditioning systems. All questions related to commercial refrigeration , including commercial ice machines .

20 plus years working in the industry . Everything from simple self contained refrigeration units to supermarket rack system , environmental control panels , commercial ice machines and everything in between .

Florida state class A license holder for HVAC

Trade school , Hundreds of hours of equipment specific schooling provided by manufacturers and best of all real world experience .