Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Furnace blower

Question
the blower motor on my furnace sometimes won't start-it just hums - unless I turn off the power and give it a spin with my hand - then it will run. It seems to start more slowlt than it used too. Could this be the capacitor?

Answer
Rod,
It could be a start capacitor if that's what it has or maybe a run capacitor?
Some times blower motors develop a dead spot on the armature, when the blower stops if it stops on the dead spot it wont start by it self the next time, when you turn the power off and back on it nudges the motor a bit and then it will run until next time.
I think your going to end up replacing the motor eventually

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim Barnhart