Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/furnace smell

Question
I am having a problem with my furnace that is making me crazy! It started making a weird smell that only I can detect. At first I thought it was natural gas, I've called the utility company out to my house twice and each time they've told me there is no problem. Everyone in my house has been having headaches and fatigue for a week. The smell is like a dusty/chemical/laundry smell with every once in a while a short burst of natural gas that dissipates in a few seconds. My husband can't smell it and thinks I'm nuts. My daughter has been showing signs of fatigue, nausea, and headaches. What should I do? The utility company is no help.

Answer
Dawn-Marie ,

You state that you called the utility company ( Gas Company ) and they did not find anything wrong. You should have a Preventive Maintenance check/ cleaning/ adjustment of your furnace. You only state that they came out and checked for odor. Then see what happens.    

From another site ...." After that was over, I started noticing a smell that I thought was natural gas. I called the utility company out again, they checked the house and found no problems. I was still smelling the smell and starting to get bad headaches, nausea, and fatigue. I called the utility company a third time to check my house, and again they found no problems. After that I updated my carbon monoxide detector to make sure that wasn't the issue. No carbon monoxide alerts. The smell is like a dusty/chemical/laundry smell with every once in a while a short whiff of natural gas that dissipates in a few seconds. My husband can't smell it and thinks I'm nuts. My daughter has been showing signs of fatigue, nausea, and headaches. What should I do? The utility company is no help. "

I see you posted the same above question on another web site , and gave that site much more information to work with  than  me , you state you have a 45 year old Coleman  on the other site ,  based on the more detailed info I strongly urge you to replace the system.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Joe