Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Install central airconditioning with low ceiling at furnace

Our furnace
Our furnace  

Hi:  I was told that I cannot install central air conditioning since the basement ceiling where my furnace is is too low.  I was told about some kind of duct less system, but I am not sure what that means.  I have a Lennox Elite series furnace that has a large duct at the top of it that takes up the entire height of my basement to the ceiling.  I am not that knowledgeable on where the unit would be attached to the furnace, but is there any way to do this?  Thanks.  Lorrain.

Besides the standard A coil , they make a N coil which is more compact and lower in height which may work for your application.

They make horizontal coils also , those are installed in the horizontal run of your main duct , you would have to move the round duct that you have on the main plenum coming off your furnace and install that downstream of the horizontal coil. This would cost more than the N coil as more duct work is involved

Depending on the age of the furnace , install a new furnace as most modern furnaces are not as tall as the older ones, then you can install a standard A coil.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

40+ years diversified experience.An HVAC/Refrigeration Self Employed Contractor since 1986. NATE Certifield. Answer questions pertaining to Residential and Commercial Air Conditioning , Warm Air Heating, Heat Pump systems.Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting of these systems.Be as detailed as possible when describing problem.Packaged unit or split systems.No appliance questions.

Installation and Troubleshooting, Mechanical and Electrical, in following areas, Refrigeration ( Walk In and Reach In Coolers and Freezers ) Commercial Roof Top and Packaged Heating/Cooling ( Natural Gas,Propane, Electric, and Heat Pumps ) Computer Room Air Conditoning Systems,Commercial Residential Packaged and Split Systems Air Conditoning and Heat Pumps.Warm Air Oil , Natural and Propane Gas Heating systems.

Graduated from Private Technical School in 1975. An HVAC/Refrigeration Contractor . Have Unlimited Heating/Piping and Cooling Contractor License.Limited Sheetmetal Contractors License.NATE Certifield. York Certifield Master Heat Pump Technician 1986. Served 33 years combination Active Duty Air Force , Air Force Reserves and Air National Guard in the HVAC/Refrigeration Shop/Mechanical Shop. Troubleshooting/Installing HVAC/Refrigeration Equiptment Worldwide. Retiring in 2003 as a Senior NCO ,and a Mechanical Superintendent.