Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/stuck valve


Hi Mike,
Here is the photo showing the manifold with the types of valves, one of which is stuck. Thanks for any ideas

I have never seen this brand before.

I would think that if you feel confident enough that you could remove the snap ring and get that loose.  I would use vegetable spray oil.  You will need to be ready to replace an o-ring in there.

You might also consider cutting the pipe, and connecting it to an new ball valve and pipe it in to the end of the manifold.  I am assuming that there is a plug at the end,and that the fitting is standard pipe threads, and not some other style.  You would need to cap the pipe stub you leave at the manifold too.  I am also assuming that you can solder or use a compression fitting on the old pipe.  Let me know how it goes.


Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mike Reavis


Questions related to "Wet Heat". This is heating your home, office etc. with radiators, panels, and convector apparatus. Steam and water heat. I can answer questions about boilers, piping,and associated parts of these systems. Please do not ask for specific information about how I feel about one boiler, etc. over another--These questions should be directed to a licensed contractor that you know of, or that your neighbors and colleagues look to to provide solutions.


I have 20 plus years experience, which has lead to passing my state master HVAC license.


Completed college

Past/Present Clients
I work on the manufacturer's side of the business currently

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.