Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/water on floor

Hello Eric, I'd like some advice about what to do about this. I live in my family's 100 yr old home and have a boiler in the basement which seems to work fine. It's cleaned every July. When we get a lot of rain, like right now, we have snow & ice and it's raining hard, some water appears on the floor under/behind the boiler.  I don't know where it comes from. This happens just once or twice a year, as I said, when it rains hard. The chimney is dry, the flu pipe is dry, where do you think the water comes from?  There is a motor in front of the boiler, about 2-3" off the cement floor, the water does not reach that, it's  mostly behind underneath the back of the boiler.
What do you think I should do, if anything?  Thank you.

No really my line of expertise but it sure sounds like it s coming up through the cement.  Cement is porous and water can pass through it.  If there is a lot of rain, the water table rises and then was very slowly seeps into the cement from underneath and alas....you have watar in your basement.  If a pipe or something else is leaking, you will normally see a trail of water to the puddle.  If just a puddle....It may just be coming up through the cement.  When it dries out, you can alway paint it (the entire floor) with a water resistant/waterproof sealer.  Good Luck, Eric Campion  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at http://www.affordableappliance.com for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at http://www.affordableappliance.com