Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/G6RA 80+ FURNACE

Question
When I set my thermostat it goes through its regular motions. The gas valve opens and about 2-5 seconds later it shuts down. After five attempts the red status light flashes 4 times - ignition failure (check ground). Could it be that my board needs replacing?

Thank you in advance.

Answer
Jack,

You did not mention if the main gas comes on , you state the gas valve opens. If the main burners do light and the flame sensor cools off then yes possible you have a bad board. You may want to check to make sure any ground wire is tightly secured including the power wire ground and if the board has a ground connection. Possible your gas pressures are close to the limits of the furnace. You can buy boards on line for a fraction of the cost of a service call company board. If you still have problems then call for service. I can not say for sure without being there.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Joe