Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/QUESTION TESTING

Craig Hi I need your expertise, I'm looking for someone that uses a multimeter on a regular basis. I have a craftman multimeter. I'm trying to test a 220 receptical and the meter keeps blowing the internal 10 amp fuse.  I put the read lead in the 10 Amp connection and the black in the common.  I turn the switch to 600 VAC.  Am I doing something wrong.  Please help.  Thank you Kennyw

The slot marked 10 amp is used for checking amps, not volts. If you have three slots, the left is where the red would go and the middle for the black.

I am sorry for the delay, but I am working out of town this week and have limited access to my email.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.