Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Heat Pump / Thermostat issue

Question
I have a gas-fired heat pump on my roof and, although the fan is working, the air coming in the bedroom vents doesn't seem to be hot or even warm.  That's one issue, and I assume I'll need a pro to check it out (probably after the holiday weekend).  Fortunately the temperature outside in Baltimore tonight is not very cold, and we have electric heaters to help keep the inside of our house warm.

But the main issue I'm hoping to address now is the Honeywell programmable thermostat.  Even though we turned it to Off, the fan is continuing to function and blow air unnecessarily.  I've even taken the thermostat off the wall and removed the batteries, then put it back, with no change.  Any ideas on what can be done to get the fan to stop running, to save on my electricity, since it's not blowing out hot air as desired?  Thanks much in advance!

Answer
Bill,

Are you sure the fan switch is not set to fan ON, if it is the blower fan runs 24/7 needs to be on auto.

You can physically remove the G wire at the thermostat ( as that is what turns the fan off )  and leave it off along with not hooking up the thermostat.

You can just physically shut the breaker for the roof top unit.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Joe