Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/furnace

I have an American Standard Freedom 95 Comfort-R furnace. Last 3 months I have been changing the ignitor every month. It keeps burning out and then goes into system lockout. Just wondering if there is another problem that it isn't coding for that is causing this? On the positive side I'm getting really fast at changing them out!
Thankyou and hope to hear back soon.

Hi Shannon, Try tracing the wires from the ignitor back to the control board. Pull the wires off and measure the voltage on the two terminals. You should see 120V when there is a call for heat.

Then measure the Ohm's on the ignitor. If the ignitor is good it should read 45-95 ohm's. If it reads above 110 ohm's it is bad.
Let me know what you find. JIM  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.

I can answer questions on gas or electric furnaces, ac units and heat pumps. I don't work on boilers,chillers,or home appliances.

I have been in the HVAC trade for over 35 years. For the past 15 years I have owned my own business. I am semi-retired so I can answer questions in a timely manner.

I attended trade school for 5 years on weekends and evenings. This was very hard to do, but well worth it!