Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/2-Year-Old Trane XR15- No Sound/Movement Outside

Question
Dear Joe,
Thank you for sharing your expertise on this site. I use it often, and I appreciate all of you experts, volunteering.

I have a 2-year-old TRANE XR15 that has worked fine all winter, but it will not cool.
The unit outside seems to be dead - no noise or movement. I can hear the unit power on in the house.

It is Sunday evening and hot in Louisiana. I will call the sales rep tomorrow, but I would like to know if there is anything I can do tonight.

Answer
Missy,

First thing to check is the circuit breaker for the outdoor unit located at your breaker panel , your not sure if it tripped turn it off then back on . Hopefully they marked the breaker for you. Depending on how long your labor warranty is for it may not cost you anything. If the breaker looks OK ,then possible one of your fuses outside at the shut off switch that feeds the outdoor unit . They make two types of outdoor disconnect switch ones with fuses and ones without fuses . So if you have a non fused disconnect/ shut off switch , that would be one less problem. Lastly if you lost your refrigerant charge due to a leak , since you used it last , the low pressure switch will open and keep your outdoor unit off. I assume your indoor fan section unit is working ?  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Joe