Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Coleman EB15B mobile home heat pump

Question
I have a heat pump that has electric coils as well. It is heating just fine, but the electric coils won't shut off, they just keep heating up even when the blower and heat pump shut down and the house is at temperature. I didn't know if it might be the sequencer that's bad or what. Most everything I find about sequencers is that they won't turn on, and mine is just the opposite. I have looked over the schematic and all the wiring seems just fine. No burned wires. Trying to find out if it is the sequencer or the thermostat possibly. It is a 4 wire system for the thermostat. I am having to disconnect the electric coils and just run on the compressor for the time being. It is a 3 element system with a single stack and a double stack and all of the elements are working fine

Answer
Chris,

Yes it not a good thing running your heat without air going over it. To me your sequencer point ( normally open contacts ) are either welded shut keeping your electric heat energized 24/7 or possible you have 24 volt ac power feeding the sequencer coil when it should not be . If you have 24 volt at the sequencer coil when the thermostat is not calling remove one wire on the coil making sure you have the power off while doing this and make sure that bare wire end does not touch metal .if it still runs chances one of the sequencer points are welded together ,keeping the heat on .If your handy with a meter you would need to remove the line voltage wires and mark where they go and ohm out the normally open contacts . Look at the wiring diagram for help identifying the contacts......or you could just call for service.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Joe