Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/moving supply 3/4 copper supply pipe

Question
QUESTION: I've removed a wall in my home. The 3/4 copper supply pipe running the 3 hot water radiators upstairs was in the wall.

I know how I want to reroute but I am unclear of how to prep the system (what shut offs to turn, any pressure releases? etc) before cutting into the system, and then how to restart the system (air purge? pressure? other issues?) after soldering in the new section of line.

House is a 1985 2 zone (upstairs/downstairs) all hot water baseboard system run by a buderus logomatic R 2107

ANSWER: Isolate any areas of the system that you can that you don't want to refill. Shut off the fill valve. Drain the system from the boiler drain at the boiler.  Open a vent at the radiation if supplied to aid in draining.  Try to fill the system from the fill valve through the supply on the boiler through the radiation and vent air on the return.  Very few systems are designed for effective servicing of the water-side--so you will probably need to start the system and purge air a few times.

Turn off the fuel supply to the Boiler first!  At minimum turn off the power and tape the switch in the off position.  Most boilers are not able to protect themselves again low or "no" water conditions.

QUESTION: Alright, so to make sure I have the steps (please tell me if I'm missing a step, even if you think it's obvious)...

Turn off boiler power switch (red switch at my staircase)
Shut off fill valve (where should this be located exactly?)
Drain system at boiler drain and leave drain open (2' hose length away from my sump, so I can leave it open)
Crack open air vent elbows along pipe to aid draining then shut vents
Cut open system and reroute as needed and solder all pretty back together
Turn on fill valve
Go back to air vents and crack open as needed to purge air
Shut off boiler drain
Check for leaks
Turn on boiler power switch
(how do I know I got all the air out? If I missed some bubble someplace, is it going to possibly rush through the system air lock it and destroy my boiler?)

Answer
Shut off fill valve (where should this be located exactly?)(Located before the boiler area--follow small pipe back to your water supply from boiler.)
Turn on fill valve( Try to force the air out of one side of the system)

Check for leaks
Turn on boiler power switch
Should't be a problem--fill valvc will allow water in to the system as you purge.  

Check this at ehow:
http://www.ehow.com/how_7634169_drain-hot-water-heating-system.html

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Mike Reavis