Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Thermostat to gas valve for gas insert Fireplace

Question
I have the following Gas Insert Fireplace:

Hearthstone
Model Name: Windsor Bay Direct Vent Gas Fired Insert
Model #: 8830-6310
Serial #: 1182

The thermostat recently stopped working.  I replaced it with a simple Honeywell CT87K non-programmable thermostat from Home Depot

The fireplace works fine with a simple on/off wall switch, but when connecting the thermostat I cannot get it to open the gas valve.  I set it to the instructed preset cycle rate toggles for the type of heat.  I also adjusted both the toggles in all possible combinations to see if I could start the heat, no luck.  I have the identical thermostat for the furnace and tried the new one on the furnace circuit and the thermostat is operable.  I'm not sure what the issue is why the gas valve won't open through the thermostat, but functions fine when switch connected?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Chris DeFonce

Answer
Not really my field of expertise....I repair Major Home Appliances....Without actually being there to look, I don't think the thermostat you are using is compatable with your gas fired heater.  I can't get any info on your heater to see it as you do.,...  Good Luck...  Eric

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion