Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/forced hot air electric furnace

Question
My furnace comes on and runs for hours and the house is only at 62 - we have an outside carrier unit that will not come on - isn't that suppose to run in conjunction with the heat pump? The thermostat is set to heat on and fan on.  Thanks

Answer
Cap
Cap  

Cap
Cap  
Hi Kmac, Actually the outside unit is the heat pump. And yes it should be running. Check the breaker for the heat pump and see if it is tripped. Can you get me the model number on the heat pump? When you go out to get the model number take a look at the capacitor and see if the top is popped up. If your stat has a emergency heat on the switch, set it to that setting. Sounds like your back up heat is not working properly.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.