Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/heating problem

The pipes in the house have been making a banging noise for a few days, the noise stops when we turn off the heat, tried to drain the boiler but the water in the glass does not go out, a couple of days ago water started leaking out of one of the radiators so we turned off the heat, not sure what to do next

if this is a steam system then it sounds as if you automatic water feed system has stuck in the feed position.  to restore the heat you would turn the water valve off on the feeder and drain the boiler until you again see air in the gauge glass.  You will need to get the feeder fixed.  You will need to hand-feed the boiler until it is fixed.

Unfortunately, a flooded steam system may need to be cleaned internally after a flooding event due to debris washing back to the boiler.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Mike Reavis

Questions related to "Wet Heat". This is heating your home, office etc. with radiators, panels, and convector apparatus. Steam and water heat. I can answer questions about boilers, piping,and associated parts of these systems. Please do not ask for specific information about how I feel about one boiler, etc. over another--These questions should be directed to a licensed contractor that you know of, or that your neighbors and colleagues look to to provide solutions.

I have 20 plus years experience, which has lead to passing my state master HVAC license.

Completed college

I work on the manufacturer's side of the business currently