Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/HVAC

Question
I am helping to advise a good friend with an HVAC problem.  My friend cares for her family including a son who suffers from a lifelong profound physical impairment.  He is unable to walk, feed himself, or do any of the normal physical activities of a child his age.  His current medical diagnosis is "cerebral palsy (spastic quadriplegia)."

A few years ago, a fire started under my friend's house, and resulted in significant damage.  My friend and her family were moved to temporary housing.  Construction and repairs began in 2012.  My friend and her family returned home about a year later.

The HVAC system serving the house prior to the fire was removed and replaced with a Rheem HVAC system.  Since my friend and her family moved back into her house, the master bedroom (along with her son's room) is not heated properly, especially when it is below freezing outside the house.  Recently, a technician from a local Atlanta HVAC company inspected the system and wrote a report stating:

Tech finds issues with hvac equipment.  Master bedroom unit mdl# RHSL.HM4221JA srl# W451104361 RHEEM is designed for heatpump however outdoor unit is non heat pump model mdl# 13AJN42A01 srl# 8393W101103647 RUUD.  System will not keep temperature demand with electric heat only.

Basement system is also designed as heatpump mdl# RHSL.HM2417JA srl#W361105190 RHEEM however outdoor unit is non heatpump mdl# 13AJN24A01 srl# 8390W421106808 RHEEM.  Basement system may cause poor heating without full heatpump operations.

A second technician from another Atlanta HVAC company also inspected the system and wrote a report stating:

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
  Check out and give estimate on what its going to take to fix problems customer is having. Upstairs and basement systems need heatpump and redo condensate pump tubing so it will not freeze.

PROPOSAL
  NOTES:  2 new heatpumps for upstairs and basement
  New zone system upstairs to handle heatpump system
  Wire up heatpump and ?
  Wire condensate pump and reroute tubing for freezing purposes.

Total [Cost] $12,861.00

Can you help me advise my friend?  Does the first report make sense?  What does the first report mean?  Is the cost of $12,861.00 reasonable?  Any advice, suggestions, etc. would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you.

Answer
Thank you for your request.  Unfortunately our expertise is with Major Home Appliances only.  This site puts Home Refrigeration and HVAC in the same catagory.  This would include washers, dryers, refrigerators, microwaves, dishwasher, ranges and ovens.  If you need help with any of these appliances, feel free to submit another request.  For your problem, please request assistance from a AllExpert with experience in the HVAC service field.  If you ever need assistance with Major Home Appliances feel free to come back and initiate another request.  Visit our Website at http://www.affordableappliance.com or email us directly at sales@affordableappliance.com

Thank You for your request,
Eric & Ann Campion

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion