Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/central a/c fan operation

Just spent an hour cutting and clearing area rite around a older Lennox, ( tree in backyard overgrown & had to cut alot of limbs around a/c unit to gain access, to cleanout all of the debree that had collected on top and inside that fell under blower fan ). Once I reassembled fan grate & unit housing over blower fan, reset breaker and turned unit on normally, noticed fan not starting up rite away, and the unit seamed to running hot. Before I check fan, & disassemble fan and housing again, when is the blower fan suppose to kick on?

If your talking about the condenser fan on the outside unit?
When the thermostat calls for cooling the compressor and condenser fan starts right away.
If the motor wont go it may have a dead spot on it,s armature, or may need a start compressor, could be shut off from a thermal overload switch, may need a new motor?

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim Barnhart

Fifty + years conditioning the air.

Answer questions about , residential and commercial. Answer questions about sheet metal fabrication. Fifty years plus experience. No answers for oil equipment, No answers for kitchen appliances, No answers for laundry appliances, I don't specialize in one particular area of the HVAC area, I'm more of a General Practitioner, Limited in refrigeration/

Hands on since 1950