Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Water Heater Starting to Leak - Replacement Ideas

My current natural gas 40 gallon cylindrical water heater appears to be developing a leak. There a but of water around the base fairly constantly the last few weeks. Before I replace it with a similar technology, I wondered what you thought of tankless options. Can they supply a small household with a similar flow of available hot water as the tank system? If they can replace a tank based system and we have the natural gas line already there, would natural gas tankless be the best want to go? Or electric? Thoughts appreciated!

Hello Michael, The tankless heaters are designed to give you the same amount of hot water as you have now.  I would go with the gas heater. One good thing about them is you will never run out of hot water. Tankless should reduce your gas bill too.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.

I can answer questions on gas or electric furnaces, ac units and heat pumps. I don't work on boilers,chillers,or home appliances.

I have been in the HVAC trade for over 35 years. For the past 15 years I have owned my own business. I am semi-retired so I can answer questions in a timely manner.

I attended trade school for 5 years on weekends and evenings. This was very hard to do, but well worth it!