Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Carrier Tech2000ss

Question
Hi Craig,

Last night we heard a pop noise outside.  This morning I noticed the air coming through the vents was not as cool.  So I turned the temperature down more and then the air was cooler.  I went outside to check the AC unit, Carrier Tech 2000SS, and there was a hissing sound coming from it but it was still running, the fan was moving, etc.   I came inside and turned off everything and now I'm hoping you can give me some advice. Money is tight and I can't afford to get an expert.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Gretchen

Answer
To start with, turning the t-stat cooler does not make the unit blow any colder.  It might turn the unit on and it will also make the air temp inside the home colder.  The hissing sound could be a few different things. Units make noise when they run.  Without me hearing the noise and giving the unit a once through, I cant even begin to determine what, if anything, is wrong with your unit.

Craig

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert