Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/GE Side x Side Fridge to cold

Question
Our freezer compartment is free of ice. I just removed the back panel and measured for resistance on the defroster heater. There is resistance.

Our drain was plugged up recently so unplugged because of water on floor, so the heater is working.

Our Fridge and Freezer are set to 1 (least coldest) and the refridgerator consistantly freezes items in refridgerator. Vegetables consitantly.  We just got back from being on vacation for a week and the eggs were frozen.  

Our model number is GE TFX20JABKAA.

Any suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

Answer
First of all....set both controls to the middle setings....Wait 24 hours and I am sure your unit will still freeze but control will be in the correct position to make a valid determination.  If still froze, that means your cold control is stuck in the on position and is not cycling on and off.  Part number is WR9X570 which crosses to WR9X10028 over the years.  Both of these part numbers have been discontinued through the manufacture and mysewlf as well as 3 of my distributors have sold out listing this item as discontinued.  I suggest searching the internet....amazon and ebay as well as local appliance part retailers for the two parts numbers I have given you.  If no luck, email me and I'll check to see if there is a workaround........  Good Luck on the original part number...that is the real way to go....

Good Luck, Eric

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion