Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Thermostat

Question
This past fall i purchased a new Thermostat (Honeywell RTH9580WF)

Since there was no C wire i connected the G wire at the board and thermostat. It worked perfect all winter but i tried to test my AC before it gets to hot out and the blower motor does not turn on.

The unit itself runs fine and the pipe going into the furnace is good and cold but the blower will not kick on.

Do i need the switch back the C/G wire and run a new one for the C so the G is still connected?

Answer
Hi Todd, The short answer is yes. If you move the green wire back to G terminals you should get the blower to work. Sounds like your blower is started by the furnace in heat mode. In cooling mode the stat starts the blower.

Did you check to see if there are any spare wires on the stat cable?

Hope this helps you out. JIM

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.