Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Fan Blower Stopping and Starting

Hi Joe,

Thanks for being on here and helping people like me.  My air conditioning is not running correctly.  I noticed that the fan would run for about 10-20 seconds and then shut off.  When I turned the thermostat setting from Auto to Fan On, the problem was still happening.  When I went to check the furnace, I noticed that the lines coming in from the outside unit were frozen on the outside so I let it defrost overnight but that did not fix the problem.  Basically, what could be causing the fan to stop, even when I put in on the Fan On setting?

Here's the information regarding Model Number:
Goodman Manufaturing
Model No U-36
Refrigerant R22
Design Press 150  PSIG
I couldn't find an inspection sticker to know the age of the furnace but it's probably at least 10-15 years old.

You could try replacing the run capacitor first, if the motor is not binding up, to check motor, free spin the blower wheel , if it spins many revolution before it stops chances are it's not binding up. If it turns couple three times then your motor need replacing along with a matching run capacitor. Possible you can oil the motor if it has oil cups then retry. You did not mention while the motor was running for upwards of 20 seconds if it was at full speed . If it's turning at full speed possible the fan relay may be dropping out for some reason. But to me it sounds more of a motor issue than the relay

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

40+ years diversified experience.An HVAC/Refrigeration Self Employed Contractor since 1986. NATE Certifield. Answer questions pertaining to Residential and Commercial Air Conditioning , Warm Air Heating, Heat Pump systems.Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting of these systems.Be as detailed as possible when describing problem.Packaged unit or split systems.No appliance questions.

Installation and Troubleshooting, Mechanical and Electrical, in following areas, Refrigeration ( Walk In and Reach In Coolers and Freezers ) Commercial Roof Top and Packaged Heating/Cooling ( Natural Gas,Propane, Electric, and Heat Pumps ) Computer Room Air Conditoning Systems,Commercial Residential Packaged and Split Systems Air Conditoning and Heat Pumps.Warm Air Oil , Natural and Propane Gas Heating systems.

Graduated from Private Technical School in 1975. An HVAC/Refrigeration Contractor . Have Unlimited Heating/Piping and Cooling Contractor License.Limited Sheetmetal Contractors License.NATE Certifield. York Certifield Master Heat Pump Technician 1986. Served 33 years combination Active Duty Air Force , Air Force Reserves and Air National Guard in the HVAC/Refrigeration Shop/Mechanical Shop. Troubleshooting/Installing HVAC/Refrigeration Equiptment Worldwide. Retiring in 2003 as a Senior NCO ,and a Mechanical Superintendent.