Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Replacement

I want to replace my daughters ac unit.. Currently she has a Trane btd724a100c1 serial#s12272607.Not sure what is a good replacement. Only specs I know is it is a 2.5 ton.

I have never heard of that series.  I did a search and found an add for it in a 1986 magazine.  I also think that unit is a 2 ton, not 2.5 ton.  

There are many brands of units out there, from the basic to the extreme.  The R-22 that was used in the old unit is no longer being used.  That means you are likely going to have to replace the entire system. You need to get some estimates to figure out what you want to do.  Once out have those, feel free to get back with me with what you have and I will do my best to give an opinion on them all...

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.