Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Ruud 1x2000

I recently had water in my basement.  Now when I try to start the furnace, It cycles up normally, the spark ignites the gas but  the flame goes out after 1 or 2 seconds.  What do you suggest?

When the furnace trips off, you need to look at the controller in the unit.  It should have a flashing LED light on it.  The light is the clue as to why it is failing.  You have to leave the power on so the light will remain on.  Turning off the power resets the fault.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.