Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Voltage drop

motor infor
motor infor  
I was checking out a unit with a blower motor problem. Unit checks out fine, it is a different motor(meaning was put in before by someone else a few years ago). The wiring is per the motor, not the schematic of the Manufacturer. At first I thought it was the control board not turning it, but there 448 volts going to the motor, motor is rated at 460/350.   If 448 enough to get it started? And yes the capacitor checked out good.

Hi John, I've seen a lot of motors but I have never seen a 460 Volt single phase motor.I'm going to assume this is in a commercial building? That being said, 448V should be enough to run the motor. Have you OMHed the motor out to see if the windings are good?

Let me know.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.

I can answer questions on gas or electric furnaces, ac units and heat pumps. I don't work on boilers,chillers,or home appliances.

I have been in the HVAC trade for over 35 years. For the past 15 years I have owned my own business. I am semi-retired so I can answer questions in a timely manner.

I attended trade school for 5 years on weekends and evenings. This was very hard to do, but well worth it!