Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Whirlpool Refrigerator malfunction

Question
I have a Whirlpool refrigirator model # EB9FVHRV503, Serial # KY4595110. The fridge is now 6 years old. Last week all was fine the next day the fridge seemed not to be cooling but the freezer part was fine, by the end of the day very little cooling in the fridge part. I pulled out the fridge unplugged it for at least 2 hrs and vacuumed the bottom where the cooling rods are ( removed lots of dust). After we plugged it back in it seemed to work again. We now have to set the coldness level of the fridge at max 7 to get some coolness but the freezer part works well at level 5. What's going on? Is there a part I can purchase and replace myself?
Thank you for your help
Paul

Answer
All the cold air is blown from the freezer over the the fresh food section.   Are you sure the freezer is fine... the ice cream is solid and the breads and sugar products are solid?   Meats and ice can be fine..and still have a problem... that is first thing you want to establish... do you hear the fan running in the freezer?  Inside the FF section there is a vent, when the unit is running do you feel cold air on your hand coming from the vent?   There is a flapper door that opens and closes to allow the air to come over and cool the refrigerator section.   it may be the problem.. mid settings are suggested when trying to find a problem...allow the setting to adjust for several hours before checking again...Let us know these answers and have a nice weekend.   I will follow up on Monday.. Ann

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion