Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Honeywell thermostat

Old configuration
Old configuration  

guide pick
guide pick  
Hello Joe,
I want to replace my old thermostat to a new one.
The original thermostat was a Honeywell model #T8411R
This was the electrical configuration (I also attached a picture of the old configuration):

**To the best of my knowledge, I only have one, oil furnish unit and one thermo-pump.
Iím trying to replace it with a new Honeywell RTH7600.
Also Im sending you the diagram for the ney honeywell RTH7600.

Thanks alot!

For starters you also need to go to the heat pump configuration, does your old thermostat have an emergency heat position ,if not you would not need the blue jumper going to E . How are you running the system, heat pump above a certain outdoor temperature then you manually switch to emergency heat to run your oil furnace? Do you have an outdoor thermostat that switches to oil when the OD temperature goes below a predetermined OD temperature . Do you only run your oil for heat and run the heat pump for cooling only?

The orange wire is your reversing valve so that has to go to O on your new thermostat ( does it have a O hookup on your new stat ) the G is your blower fan ,the R is one side of your power 24volt the C or common is the other side of your power 24voltac the Y is for your compressor contactor , the W is for heat .I would call the toll free number and have them walk you through it. Make sure you tell them what is the sequence of operation in regards to how your heat works with the oil furnace and Heat Pump.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

40+ years diversified experience.An HVAC/Refrigeration Self Employed Contractor since 1986. NATE Certifield. Answer questions pertaining to Residential and Commercial Air Conditioning , Warm Air Heating, Heat Pump systems.Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting of these systems.Be as detailed as possible when describing problem.Packaged unit or split systems.No appliance questions.

Installation and Troubleshooting, Mechanical and Electrical, in following areas, Refrigeration ( Walk In and Reach In Coolers and Freezers ) Commercial Roof Top and Packaged Heating/Cooling ( Natural Gas,Propane, Electric, and Heat Pumps ) Computer Room Air Conditoning Systems,Commercial Residential Packaged and Split Systems Air Conditoning and Heat Pumps.Warm Air Oil , Natural and Propane Gas Heating systems.

Graduated from Private Technical School in 1975. An HVAC/Refrigeration Contractor . Have Unlimited Heating/Piping and Cooling Contractor License.Limited Sheetmetal Contractors License.NATE Certifield. York Certifield Master Heat Pump Technician 1986. Served 33 years combination Active Duty Air Force , Air Force Reserves and Air National Guard in the HVAC/Refrigeration Shop/Mechanical Shop. Troubleshooting/Installing HVAC/Refrigeration Equiptment Worldwide. Retiring in 2003 as a Senior NCO ,and a Mechanical Superintendent.