Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Im a amateur.. lol

Question
outside drainage pipe
outside drainage pipe  
Just recently installed a new unit.  We put the blower unit normally that goes in the attic,beside our wash room.  The drainage line had to go behind the washer to the outside of the house.  I am needing to know if on the end we put an pvc elbow facing up if irs suppose to aim down. My heart hubby has it facing up & looks like its getting clogged now with nasty stuff. Which way or whats a better alternative?

Answer
This is a fine way to do it--however you may find that the water drips back to the house as it flows down the upturned elbow.  The dirt is an indication that you may want to consider upgrading your filter to a large media type if possible.  A wet vacuum applied to the drain on a monthly basis will help to keep it flowing.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Mike Reavis