Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/why Whirlpool GC3JHAXTB side by side frig won't dump ice

Question
Hi Eric, I will definitely make a donation for your help if you can help us get this icemaker working correctly. Thanks for the tips you have given, but it is still not working correctly.  We are keeping the freezer below zero, and it fills with water and dumps ice, but it is erratic (which was the original problem before we plugged in a new icemaker). Last night it seems like it stalled; when we got up this morning there was not any more ice in it than when we went to bed. But it has filled and dumped several times today. Does it make sense that it would stop if you stop getting ice from the door or opening the freezer door to get something out? It's like it goes to sleep without us using it, instead of filling the bucket at night. Thank you for your patience and helpfulness.

Answer
With electronic controls, I can see it not making ice at night but making it all day.   With electronic controls, the unit does not go into defrost at night unless someone is awake and opening doors.   At this point the unit is running at it's most most energy efficient level.  So the temperatures inside are cool enough to safely keep food frozen but not low enough to initiate a harvest cycle. I am not saying this is your cause because there was apparently more correspondence I have not looked at or read, just offering  another thought.... Have a lovely evening and a beautiful tomorrow.   Ann

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion