Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/why Whirlpool GC3JHAXTB side by side frig won't dump ice

Question
QUESTION: Our Whirlpool GC3JHAXTB side by side frig was filling with water, but then slowing began to quit dumping ice out. It would sporatically start working again, but just a tray here and there - never enough to fill up the ice bucket. We ordered a new icemaker and installed it. Now the ice maker won't fill with water. So we poured water into it to see what would happen. The ice froze, but still won't dump out. Now we have a new ice maker and two problems - how to get it to fill and how to get it to dump out. The frig is 8 years old and works great. We really don't want to replace it.  Thank you very much.

ANSWER: most important, what is the temperature in the freezer

QUESTION: Thanks for that advice. We got a thermometer and saw that the freezer was set on zero and was registering zero when the door was closed for a long period. But we had been opening it a lot to get ice out, so I've set it to the lowest ours will go which is -6. I also followed advice I saw on the internet and put several water bottles up near the ice maker and let them freeze. It is now filling with water normally and dumping out. It just doesn't fill the bucket overnight like it used to. We are trying to keep the freezer door closed as much as possible and just dispense ice through the door. Is there a normal rate at which it should freeze a tray and dump it? Or will it just take time for it to work fast enough to fill the bucket? Thanks very much for your advice. At least it is filling and making ice now. And we are in Texas with 100 degree weather, which the appliances seem to sense even with the air conditioner on.

Answer
The process depends on how fast your freezer freezes the water in the ice maker mold.  The faster your freezer freezes the water the faster the ice maker (which is only a ice cube harvester) will drop.  If temps are cold enough to freeze the water in the ice maker....your thermostat inside the ice maker may need replaced....  How is it doing now?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at https://www.affordableappliance.com/  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion