Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Central a/c non operational

Joe, I have a York, model #N2AHD14A06NPC split heat pump central HVAC system that has stopped working.  I have checked for 240 volts under panel on the unit inside the garage(with blower motor in it). Voltage OK.  The system has a circuit breaker(reset button) under the cover that is blown.  I reset the button and in aprox. 8 seconds it blows.  I do not have a wiring diagram on this unit.  The age of the unit is 20 yrs. +.  I can not manually turn the system blower motor on from the thermostat.  Nothing has been done to this unit except the thermostat was replaced around nine months ago.

you would have to remove all low voltage wiring from the air handler , then see if the fuse blows, the rehook one wire at a time to see when it blows , then download a wiring diagram and look what that wire controls , then remove that load from the system and continue hooking up the low voltage wire one at a time to see if system is ok. You should have thermostat wires coming from the outdoor unit and thermostat

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

40+ years diversified experience.An HVAC/Refrigeration Self Employed Contractor since 1986. NATE Certifield. Answer questions pertaining to Residential and Commercial Air Conditioning , Warm Air Heating, Heat Pump systems.Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting of these systems.Be as detailed as possible when describing problem.Packaged unit or split systems.No appliance questions.

Installation and Troubleshooting, Mechanical and Electrical, in following areas, Refrigeration ( Walk In and Reach In Coolers and Freezers ) Commercial Roof Top and Packaged Heating/Cooling ( Natural Gas,Propane, Electric, and Heat Pumps ) Computer Room Air Conditoning Systems,Commercial Residential Packaged and Split Systems Air Conditoning and Heat Pumps.Warm Air Oil , Natural and Propane Gas Heating systems.

Graduated from Private Technical School in 1975. An HVAC/Refrigeration Contractor . Have Unlimited Heating/Piping and Cooling Contractor License.Limited Sheetmetal Contractors License.NATE Certifield. York Certifield Master Heat Pump Technician 1986. Served 33 years combination Active Duty Air Force , Air Force Reserves and Air National Guard in the HVAC/Refrigeration Shop/Mechanical Shop. Troubleshooting/Installing HVAC/Refrigeration Equiptment Worldwide. Retiring in 2003 as a Senior NCO ,and a Mechanical Superintendent.