Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Home addition

I have just bought a house in Pennsylvania. The home was built in 1935 and has steam heat via a boiler. This heat works effectively and is efficient enough (rated approximately 83%)  . The previous owner added a addition to the back of the house, however, and is heated by a ventless gas heater. This heater smells of gas and I have been told by my home inspector that it is hazardous to health. I was contemplating switching it out for a standard wall gas heater. I wanted to know if you had any suggestions for alternative heat for this addition or a long term cumulative solution for the entire. I greatly appreciate any time you put in answering my question.

Thank You,

Patrick Hart

Find a recommended and vetted HVAC contractor in your area and purchase the mini split system that they are dealers for.

Further, find out if a multi zone mini split would provide comfort and economy in your home and enter a contract with the best contractor in the area.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Mike Reavis

Questions related to "Wet Heat". This is heating your home, office etc. with radiators, panels, and convector apparatus. Steam and water heat. I can answer questions about boilers, piping,and associated parts of these systems. Please do not ask for specific information about how I feel about one boiler, etc. over another--These questions should be directed to a licensed contractor that you know of, or that your neighbors and colleagues look to to provide solutions.

I have 20 plus years experience, which has lead to passing my state master HVAC license.

Completed college

I work on the manufacturer's side of the business currently