Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/honeywell s86e to new s8610u

Question
Hello Joe, I have a Valliant home boiler very old the unit is at least 25 to 30 years old, the old honeywell s86e ignition control needs replaced it is mounted inside the door and gets hot and has finally started to act up. anyway I bought a new honeywell s8610u3009 universal replacement, the problem is the old had a big plastic damper plug with a jumper in it. I put it on the new s86 and it won't work, when i remove it the unit works but the new unit will not shut down when temperature on gauge is reached 190 degrees. it keep going to 220 degrees, I had to kill power and run and wait for unit to cool down, I'm still shaking from that experience. what did I do wrong? I do not have a damper the old unit just had a white plug, also much confusion about the wiring the the 2 25volt wires and the th-w wire. the new s86 instructions say to connect only 1 25volt leave the other empty and cap it off. it this the problem? thanks so much

Answer
Dan,

You should verify this new valve is compatible ( or a direct replacement ) if it is and the instructions do not show you step by step how to hook it up properly, I would not attempt anymore DIY work on it. I honestly would tell you to call for service, explain your situation , some companies may take on the job others will not.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Joe