Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Refrigerator/Freezer

Question
QUESTION: We have had a Hotpoint refrigerator-freezer that we purchased at Home Depot about 15 years ago.  My elderly mother had it overstuffed with food for a while, and it suddenly stopped running. One day it was doing fine all morning (as it had been since we bought it), and all of the sudden it wasn't running at all. I thought maybe it had shut off to auto-defrost temporarily, but the next day, we found it was no longer running.  It stopped cooling, and doesn't make any sound. What could be the problem?

ANSWER: I need a model number to tell you anything... all systems are not alike....does the light come on>   and you say no fans or compressor run?   Get that info and answer those questions and we will try and help

QUESTION: Hotpoint refrigerator-freezer model: HTS18GBSBRWW  The light doesn't come on, and the compressor doesn't seem to be running at all. Sorry for the delayed answer.  I was busy.

Answer
If there is no light... then there is no voltage.   go to the back of the machine and follow the plug to where is connects to the unit and look for chewed wires or burned wires.   That is if the outlet checks out fine by plugging in a blow dryer or lamp into the same outlet hole.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion