Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Refrigerator/Freezer

QUESTION: We have had a Hotpoint refrigerator-freezer that we purchased at Home Depot about 15 years ago.  My elderly mother had it overstuffed with food for a while, and it suddenly stopped running. One day it was doing fine all morning (as it had been since we bought it), and all of the sudden it wasn't running at all. I thought maybe it had shut off to auto-defrost temporarily, but the next day, we found it was no longer running.  It stopped cooling, and doesn't make any sound. What could be the problem?

ANSWER: I need a model number to tell you anything... all systems are not alike....does the light come on>   and you say no fans or compressor run?   Get that info and answer those questions and we will try and help

QUESTION: Hotpoint refrigerator-freezer model: HTS18GBSBRWW  The light doesn't come on, and the compressor doesn't seem to be running at all. Sorry for the delayed answer.  I was busy.

If there is no light... then there is no voltage.   go to the back of the machine and follow the plug to where is connects to the unit and look for chewed wires or burned wires.   That is if the outlet checks out fine by plugging in a blow dryer or lamp into the same outlet hole.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at http://www.affordableappliance.com for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at http://www.affordableappliance.com