Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/AC not used for 15 months in Florida

I am looking to purchase a condo. The ac is in the attic, electric air handler not on for 15 months. Should I be concerned about mold in the ducts? In Florida?

Moreso than mold, which is a possibility, I would be concerned about dust & bugs. Additionally, I would have the ducts inspected for leakages, primarily at the connecting points (you don't want your system cooling the attic after all!).

I would move to have an inspection of the entire system, (along with the ducts) included as a concession along with a an overall duct seal (if needed) plus a duct cleaning. With a reputable contractor, all of this should come to no more than $1,200 to $1,500.

Good luck.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Chuck Best

I can answer most fundamental questions about Air Conditioning and how it works. I can give advice on different services in the DFW area, as well as lend some advice as to pricing systems along with solid opinions as to quality equipment versus sub-standard equipment. I can help educate consumers with regards as to what to look for in a service company, as well as steps they can & should take when considering repairing vs replacing their A/C equipment.

I was the Sr. Sales Technician for one of the most well-established HVAC (residential) companies in DFW for over 5 years. I then became the Dallas Team Leader for another well-established DFW company based out of Ft. Worth. Became the Sales Manager for an area A/C business most recently.

I have written content for several area HVAC (residential) businesses with respect to their Sales Policy manuals. I personally wrote the Sales Training Manual for a well-established DFW area HVAC company.

BS Univ of NM 1985

Million Dollar Sales Club; 2009, 2010, 2010, 2011, 2012