Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/HELP!!!!! ,

My heat/ac is trying to kick on,makes the noise of trying up to 5 seconds apart like cycling but no blower! Tried new thermostat and only whole house fan kicks on and no air there either. Are both units linked? I am broke and desperate,will be in triple digits next week and I am home disabled can you help? Is it blower? Ty

Hello Traci, Yes I can help you. Lets clarify some things. The blower is inside the furnace and the fan is on the AC outside. Which one is running?

The two units are linked with 2 wires. That said, the blower could be running but AC could be down. Have you checked the breaker for the AC?

What is the model numbers on the furnace and AC? What brand?

Let me know....JIM

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.

I can answer questions on gas or electric furnaces, ac units and heat pumps. I don't work on boilers,chillers,or home appliances.

I have been in the HVAC trade for over 35 years. For the past 15 years I have owned my own business. I am semi-retired so I can answer questions in a timely manner.

I attended trade school for 5 years on weekends and evenings. This was very hard to do, but well worth it!