Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Mold in AC ducts

I had my AC ducts clean recently by a local company here in the DFW area and they found mold in the AC register. The company wanted to charge $1800 to have the mold removed, clean the vents and sanitized the duct which is member of the indoor air quality association. I called another company quoting they can do the same job for $385 which is certified by the HVAC inspection maintenance and restoration association. I have a total of 6 vents, so I'm not sure why there is a big gap in price here between the two companies.

There isn't a lot of information out there for air duct companies so I'm not sure what is a fair price here.

Allow me to make a recommendation. If I were you, I would have a local indoor air quality company come to my home and actually measure the air quality FIRST. There are a couple of local companies that I am aware of that do a fantastic job (and NO....I do not have any business affiliations with them). For less than $500 you can have the level of mold (and other potential pollutants) measured to see if you actually have a problem.

If you do have any issues, these companies can make recommendations (they can even help you find solutions that can make the air quality in your home "medical" grade). Both companies are in the Metroplex:  AIR CHECK ONE (in Forney) and DEAN LOVVORN

Good Luck

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Chuck Best

I can answer most fundamental questions about Air Conditioning and how it works. I can give advice on different services in the DFW area, as well as lend some advice as to pricing systems along with solid opinions as to quality equipment versus sub-standard equipment. I can help educate consumers with regards as to what to look for in a service company, as well as steps they can & should take when considering repairing vs replacing their A/C equipment.

I was the Sr. Sales Technician for one of the most well-established HVAC (residential) companies in DFW for over 5 years. I then became the Dallas Team Leader for another well-established DFW company based out of Ft. Worth. Became the Sales Manager for an area A/C business most recently.

I have written content for several area HVAC (residential) businesses with respect to their Sales Policy manuals. I personally wrote the Sales Training Manual for a well-established DFW area HVAC company.

BS Univ of NM 1985

Million Dollar Sales Club; 2009, 2010, 2010, 2011, 2012