Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Central air

In south central Florida most central ac units last 10 to 12 years. Mine is going on 14. With that in mind I would like to start investigating central ac units. Can you recommend honest accurate web sites to check? Also would you care to recommend a brand? Any comments would be appreciated.   Thanks

There are quite a few brands to pick from.  There are also many common parts used between them.  I would stick with a know brand, and not some off the wall brand.  Look for ones with the best warranties.  Some units even come with a 10 year warranty.  Make sure you register the unit to get the warranty.  The more expensive units are not always worth it.  Sometimes the payback is way to long to justify the higher SEER ratings.

More important then the brand of unit is the installer.  The key to a unit lasting is it being installed properly.  You can check FL. website to make sure the contractor is legit and there might also be complaints listed.  The BBB might also be a place to check.

You are welcome to send me a message when you are ready to change the unit and I will give you my feedback.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.